Monday, July 22, 2019

London June 8-10

A bit over a month ago two of my sisters and I took a trip sightseeing in London. Theoretically, it was not my first time in the city -as I once spent a day in the countryside-, neither my first time sightseeing in the UK -as I have been to Edinburgh four years ago-. Either way, London was totally worth going back to the British Isles for. One other thing that made our trip special was that we got to the Buckingham Palace just in time to watch the Queen's birthday parade, and her make an appearance on the balcony of the palace. That already would have been worth our entire trip, but luckily there were more amazing things to follow, and unfortunately, also some unpleasant ones, like the rain and spending my last day vomiting from the flu I caught. 



Getting a better view of the Palace
 Over half the parliament was under construction, and this is how horrible the Big Ben looked, which is a pity, as I was looking forward to seeing it



 London weather was not my fave

 
 Fish and chips

 Trafalgar's Square
 Sherlock Holmes
 Finally go to eat crumpets!

Out of everything in London, the thing I probably enjoyed the most was watching Henry IV at the Globe. After years of studying Shakespeare it was indescribably amazing. 



Unfortunately we didn't see the Tower Bridge open, so I guess I'll have to return to London to catch up on that amongst other things.

Overall the trip was definitely worth it and I really loved London.
-Nat

0 comments: