Monday, October 21, 2019

New Life Plans --In Progress

When I was seventeen I decided that I really want to live in Spain at some point in my life. I didn't have any specific plans, just that I needed to get to know my other citizenship, as I felt like such a foreigner everywhere I was. But if I have a little bit more of a base from my two home countries it may help me feel like I belong somewhat more to this world.
Over the years I've tried to make this work, I considered doing my university there, but could not afford to, so I decided I would go after. After university I realized I could't afford it financially, so decided to stay an extra year in Budapest and work towards it.
This is when I realized how expensive it is to move from one country to another without a base or someone waiting for you. But, since I'm stubborn, I decided I would not spend another year in Budapest. I'd borrow deposit money from my parents or whatever I needed to finally get to Spain. That's when a new job opportunity opened up for me.
This job is something two of my sisters did two years back, but I was not too interested in at the time as I was in university and wouldn't have been able to. Basically, I would have to live in Switzerland for three months and help take care of a lady who had a brain hemorrhage and needs help with daily tasks. This time, when they wrote saying they need someone new to help, I decided this offer came around to many times for me to drop it. I was gonna take it and use the money to move to Spain.
Which brings us to the present. I have currently been living in Switzerland for a week. I'm living off of delicious food and surrounded by a country I have always wanted to explore more. This means I will probably spam this blog with photos of my travels through Switzerland, Liechtenstein, and Austria.
Hopefully I'll be able to post from Spain in February, I'm really looking forward to this all working out for me.
I guess good things really do come to those who wait.

And I get to wait to in a place that looks like this.

0 comments: