Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Always There

Jesus is all you'll ever need!

(Jesus speaking:)     
41.  When  David  Livingstone  began  his
missionary  expeditions  across Africa,  things
were still a sacrifice for him. At the beginning
of his service to Me, he couldn’t truthfully say, “I
have never made a sacrifice,” because he hadn’t
proved  Me  yet.  He  hadn’t  tested  My  promises
yet. He hadn’t yet tasted of My rewards in return
for his sacrifices. He hadn’t yet experienced that
I was enough for him.
       42. And so there were sacrifices. First the
sacrifices  were  relatively  small,  like  the  harsh
climates  he  had  to  endure,  the  uncomfortable
traveling  conditions,  the  dangerous  tribes  he
encountered,  the  pests  and  plagues  of Africa
like the mosquitoes, bugs, filthy water, and much
more. Sometimes he wondered why he was even
embarking  on  such  a  mission  when  the  fruit
seemed so pathetic; in fact, for the first few years
the fruit was hardly even budding.
       43. Then the sacrifices became greater, like
having to leave his wife and children while he
went on missions to other tribes; watching his
children suffer the sicknesses of Africa; allowing
Me to take one of his children Home to Heaven;
sending his whole family back to England while
he labored alone in Africa; trusting Me, although
his life was touched with affliction time and time
again.
       44.  These  were  greater  sacrifices,  but
because he had sacrificed in the little things, he
had come to see that I was enough reason and
purpose to endure the bigger sacrifices too. He
had experienced My rewards in return, and this
gave him faith and that level of passion to be able
to sacrifice yet more for Me.
       45. As he continued to serve and sacrifice,
he continued to experience My great capacity
to satisfy. Each year he found that I was more to
him than the year before. And through proving Me,
through testing My promises, through sacrificing
all to Me, he was able to discover if I alone was
enough for him. And by the words of his testimony,
“I have never made a sacrifice,” you can see that
he found that I was enough.
       46.  In  much  the  same  way,  you  too  can
reach that level of passion where I alone am
enough to you. It is through the paths of sacrifice,
obedience, service and lowliness that you discover
My great capacity to be the world for you.

3 comments:

Windy said...

AMEN!

Sandy said...

woah powerful. Just to think of our petty problems in compaison to the missionaried who really gave it all to serve jesus is like a slapp in the face to stop mopping about your situation. Sigh, thank you jesus for our battles, they draw us closer to you all the time. thanks nals. Just what I needed!

Sandy said...

nalies.. I miss youu!!!! sniff