Friday, December 4, 2009

The Gift Of Giving

Yesterday Bamboo (an adult from another home) came over for her WNR to have rest away from her noisy home. She was talking with my mom in the kitchen when we were having snack and my mom mentioned that we would like to book more shows at schools. Bamboo right away offered to go out with one of the teens. So she told me to be ready at the door at 7:30. Today I went with her from 8:00 till 12:00, we walked quiet a bit and she said that her legs were hurting a lot. We went to 3 schools at opposite sides of town and even though none of them said 'yes' to wanting the puppet show, they didn't say 'no' either. After we came home I thanked her for bringing me around to the schools and I thought about how giving it was of her to use half her free day to help our home. I don't think I would have done that, Jesus help me to be more giving of the things which are important to me.


The Gift of Giving
Christmas is a time of giving. It's when My Father gave His only begotten Son, Me, to the world. It's when I came to earth that I might lay down My life in order to give eternal life to all who would receive it. It's when people give gifts to others in commemoration of the gifts that My Father and I gave them. This Christmas, I ask you to give Me the gift of giving. Give to others, as you would give to Me.
Christmas celebrates God's "goodwill to men," but I want it to also be a time of man's "goodwill to men." Take a moment to ask Me what you could do for someone else. Return My Father's goodwill by sharing some of your own.



You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.  


If you have much, give of your wealth; If you have little, give of your heart. 

You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself. 


Giving is better than receiving because giving starts the receiving process.


0 comments: